Draka Cables is currently part of the Prysmian Group of companies, having been acquired in 2010 from a private group. The Draka brand name was established in 1986 but the cable business can be traced back as far as 1910 and was for a long time part of the huge Philips technology giant.
The Draka Firetuf® Fire Protection cables are well known in the industry as the highest quality, often surpassing industry standards and are specified in a number of vertical markets by electrical engineers.
Draka’s Fire resistant cables make buildings safer as they continue power or connect critical safety systems such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, PA systems and CCTV systems.
Draka branded Firetuf fire performance cables have been installed and commissioned into a variety of buildings designed under fire safety engineering principles including major transport hubs such as London Underground, Heathrow Terminal 5 and St Pancras Eurostar terminal. In addition, other major public venues such as the Emirates stadium, shopping centres (Westfield White City, St Davids Centre, Cardiff and Highcross, Leicester), universities and schools and many hospitals.
We currently supply the following Draka Firetuf Cables:
- Firetuf FT30 Saffire – halogen free, low smoke (OHLS®) flame retardant cable
- Firetuf FT120 – the ‘enhanced’ fire resistant cable solution
- Firetuf FTP120 – fire resistant armoured power cable
- FT Sifer 950i – zero halogen, low smoke (OHLS®) single core cable
- FT Sifer 950s – zero halogen, low smoke (OHLS®) single core cable
- Firetuf FTP – the original Draka fire resistant armoured cable
- Firetuf FT30 – pliable ‘standard’ fire resisting cable
- Firetuf FT L-SIFER – fire resistant, zero halogen and low smoke (OHLS®) single core cable