Prysmian FP200® Gold is the original standard fire resistant cable (300/500 V) as defined by fire alarm and emergency lighting British Standards and the original alternative to mineral insulated cable. It is a tough, durable and dressable essential systems cable – simple to install and terminate.
Prysmian FP200 Gold meets the ‘standard’ fire resistant cable requirements of:
- BS 5839-1 (Fire Detection and Fire Alarms)
- BS 5266-1 (Emergency Lighting)
- BS 8519 (Life Safety and Fire Fighting) – classified as Category 1 Control cable
- FP200 Gold has excellent data and signal transmission characteristics which makes it ideal for voice alarm, addressable and networked systems.
|Conductor||Plain annealed copper. Solid (1.0 – 2.5 mm²) or stranded circular conductors (4.0 mm²) to meet the requirements of BS EN 60228 class 1
or class 2.
|Insulation||High performance, damage resistant Insudite™ to meet BS EN 50363-5, Type EI5.|
|Sheath||Robust thermoplastic low smoke, zero halogen and reduced flame propagation outer sheath. Standard colours white and red with bespoke colours available to special order. For external exposure use white sheath. For red sheath use suitable shading protection from UV.|
|Overall metallic screen and CPC||Polyester backed laminated aluminium tape bonded to outer sheath to provide overall screen. In contact with full sized, tinned annealed copper circuit protective conductor and laid-up with the cores to provide automatic screen earthing.|
|Core identification||Harmonised – standard : brown-blue, brown-black-grey, blue-brown-black-grey|
|Non harmonised – to special order : red-black, red-yellow-blue, black-red-yellow-blue|
|Temperature Range||-20 to +70˚C|
|Bending Radius||Fixed r=6D|
|Fire Performance||BS EN 60332-1-2, BS EN 60332 – 3 – 24|
|Halogen Free||BS EN 50267-2-1|
|Low Smoke Emissions||BS EN 61034-2|
|Fire Resistance||BS6387 Category CW, 50200 PH30 PH60 & PH120, BS EN 50200 ANNEX E, BS6387 CWZ|
Prysmian FP200 Cable Specification
|Nominal cross sectional area||Conductor Construction||Mean overall diameter||Approximate cable weight||Maximum conductor resistance at 20°C||Current rating DC or single phase AC Enclosed||Current rating DC or single phase AC Clipped direct||Volt drop DC or single phase AC|
Notes to Specifications
- Recommended clip spacing 300 mm horizontal and 400mm vertical using only metallic fixings.
- Prysmian FP200 Gold® is also available in multi-core versions (7,12 & 19 core)
- Minimum recommended installation temperature 0°C. Installation methods for current rating in accordance with BS7671/IEE Wiring Regulations.
- The tabulated ratings are based upon a 30°C ambient temperature and 70°C operating temperature. For other ambient temperatures or where cables are grouped together, appropriate rating factors should be applied.
Temperature Ratings Factor
Rating Factors for Groupings
|Number of circuits||2||3||4||5||6||7|